Porcelain Veneers in Colorado Springs
Do you have yellow, stained, or chipped teeth? If so, you owe it to your smile to consider porcelain veneers. Our Colorado Springs, CO dental office covers tooth imperfections in such a natural way, you’ll wonder why you waited so long to have them done.
How You Benefit from Veneers
If you’ve been uncomfortable with your smile for years, now’s the time to investigate the benefits of porcelain veneers. These dental fixtures are thin ceramic shells that:
- Create an even look over crooked teeth
- Cover internal stains, including those from Tetracycline use
- Disguise tooth gaps
- Improve teeth’s appearance without periodic whitening treatments
- Hide metal fillings
- Offer a cost-effective alternative to crowns
- Allow small teeth to appear larger and large teeth to appear smaller than they are
Before the lab creates your veneers, you’ll consult with the doctor about color choice, size, and placement.
Here’s how the process works:
- Tooth preparation – This process allows us to roughen the surface of your natural tooth so the veneer will adhere properly.
- Tooth shaping – Additionally, the doctor may need to minimize the natural tooth somewhat so that the porcelain ‘shell’ fits appropriately without jutting forward or adding bulk to your smile.
- Temporary restoration placement – After the dentist places your temporary veneers, you’ll make an appointment to return once your permanent veneers are ready.
- Adhesive bonding – At your subsequent appointment, the dentist will remove your temporary veneers, apply a strong adhesive to the porcelain veneers, and affix them carefully to your teeth.